10/10/2008

Back to France (Sep 08)

This blog is not designed to sell anything but if you know someone who needs some suitcases. I have about 8 of them to get rid off. I'm done with suitcases for a while. 

This was at the airport in Portland, OR an hour before the Portland - Frankfurt flight with the Lufthansa. I recommend it if you can sleep in a plane. It's the fastest way to get to Europe from Portland.

I was going home after 12 years in Oregon. Not easy to leave the little town of Corvallis behind. I had made up my mind about this change for a little while but it didn't make the knots in my stomach any looser when I had to say bye to all these wonderful people in September.

I will miss my friends of course. 
I will miss the people for their attitude. A civic mindness applied with a pleasant and laid back attitude. When I try to describe Oregon to someone in France, I start with "it's like Switzerland with a more relaxed atmosphere". 
I will miss the Pacific Northwest.  The countless hikes, runs, bike rides and sailing trips at the lakes with the occasional trip to a special spot, the Cascades, the Pacific Crest Trail, Crater Lake, the Pacific coast, Mount Rainier, etc. I could go on and on about my last 12 years.

Now that I'm back in France, I'd rather share what I see and experience on the old continent. I'm looking forward to rediscovering my native land after 12 years. I'll try to take some good shots (with Sam's help) and post them on this blog. If only it could help you want to come and visit!

No comments: